Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Smell of Cinnamon

As much as I wish that being a Pastry Chef was my full-time job, sadly it is not. By day I am and HR Manager for a start-up. Everyday is different than the one before and often times I come home down and feeling as though I had been beat up. Thus was the case today, most people would drown their sorrows over a cold beer or even a long run, but not me.....my favorite way to make a bad day good is to bake.

Tonight I came home to empty kitchen and baked some fall muffins. First off Cranberry Orange muffins, while this flavor combination is not my favorite it is one of my husbands. So hopefully he enjoys the dozen muffins waiting for him!

Second off Apple Cinnamon muffins.....a combination that warms the soul. The smell of cinnamon in the air wipes away all that was bad and leaves me in a place where I feel like all is good in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment